Tuesday 9 December 2014

3 ways to improve a squat

www.bodybynaturesupplements.com



3 things that have improved my squat:



1) Breathing:
Getting to grips with the timing of my breath and creating a strong mid section to support back back when lifting heavy. Its amazing how much of a roe this plays during a heavy set.

2) Increasing range of motion on dorsiflexion:
Increasing range at the ankle has proved for a more comfortable range and overall stronger lift. Simple stretches have made a big difference here.

3) Taking a wider hand grip:
Before I was taking a too narrow grip and not getting my elbows under bar. Its crazy how much this subtle change can allow better shoulder position and improve my lift so much. An extra 2 inches made all the difference 


There is of course more to the squat than this but these subtle attentions to detail have been huge for me.

 Its all about trial and error and finding what works for you.

Keep monitoring your training, asses where changes can be made, apply, log and repeat.




No comments:

Post a Comment