Saturday 4 May 2013

Paleo food at it's best

www.bodybynature.co.uk

Paleo Bacon and Egg McMuffins
 
 


Basic Biscuits:
6 large egg whites (save the yolks for something else…homemade ice cream?)
... 1/4 cup (40 grams) coconut flour
1 cup blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
pinch of salt (optional)

"These biscuits are pretty versatile. We sliced them in half and added bacon and a fried egg. I think they would also be delicious served with homemade berry jam. I’m thinking that a spoon of honey or maple syrup added to the dough would end up creating biscuits that would work perfectly for a strawberry shortcake dessert. They could be made savory by adding crumbled bacon, herbs or sun dried tomatoes to the dough. How about making some biscuits and gravy? I’m getting hungry all over again…good thing I still have a McMuffin waiting for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment